SERVANTS OF GOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERVANTS OF GOD

SHARING ON GOD'S PURPOSE TO HUMAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The LORD our GOD is one LORD" .... FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD, AND HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE John 3:16

Kosher Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rchbell97

Kosher Day Empty
PostSubject: Kosher Day   Kosher Day I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Is somebody aware of th Kosher Day? I would like to know more about why milk products are very special for the day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Kosher Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kosher Day   Kosher Day I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:18 am

Kashrut (also kashruth or kashrus, כַּשְׁרוּת) is the set of Jewish dietary laws. Food in accord with halakha (Jewish law) is termed kosher in English, from the Ashkenazi pronunciation of the Hebrew term kashér (כָּשֵׁר), meaning "fit" (in this context, fit for consumption by Jews according to traditional Jewish law). Food that is not in accordance with Jewish law is called treif (Yiddish: טרײף or treyf, derived from Hebrew: טְרֵפָה‎ trēfáh).

Many of the basic laws of kashrut are derived from the Torah's Books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, with their details set down in the oral law that according to Jewish tradition was handed down by word of mouth down the generations from Moses[1] and it was finally codified in the Mishnah which is the earliest portion of the Talmud. Later summaries of Halakhah such as the Shulhan Arukh, the Mishnah Berurah and other rabbinical authorities exist.

The Torah does not state reasons for most kashrut laws. Many varied reasons have been suggested, including philosophical, practical and hygienic. The Guide for the Perplexed, by Maimonides addresses this topic.

About one-sixth of American Jews maintain the kosher diet.[2] Many Jews observe kashrut partially, by abstaining from pork or shellfish, or not drinking milk with a meat dish. Some keep kosher at home but will eat in a non-kosher restaurant.

Jews comprise only about 20% of the market for kosher food in the United States. A sizable non-Jewish segment of the population views kosher certification as an indication of wholesomeness. Strict vegetarians, Muslims, Hindus, and people with allergies to dairy foods, often consider the kosher-parve designation as an assurance that a food contains no animal-derived ingredients, including milk and all of its derivatives.[3]

The word kosher has become a part of English slang, a colloquialism meaning proper, legitimate, genuine, fair, or acceptable.
Back to top Go down
https://religion.forumotion.com
jmscole111

jmscole111

Kosher Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kosher Day   Kosher Day I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Rachaels Learning Centre gives you a better understanding of Jewish texts and Jewish life. There are many surprising facts and events behind each Jewish occassions and life style which majority of us do not know or just follow for the sake of traditions. Here in a modern context we can find lessons or texts explained in a wonderful way which has helped me to know what is it, to be a Jew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rachaelscentre.org/
Sponsored content

Kosher Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kosher Day   Kosher Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kosher Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SERVANTS OF GOD :: Your first category :: RELIGION-
Jump to: