SERVANTS OF GOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERVANTS OF GOD

SHARING ON GOD'S PURPOSE TO HUMAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The LORD our GOD is one LORD" .... FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD, AND HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE John 3:16

Joel 1:5-7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clark thompson

Joel 1:5-7 Empty
PostSubject: Joel 1:5-7   Joel 1:5-7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Joel 1:5-7 King James Version (KJV)
Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.
For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.
He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.

Joel 1:5-7 New Living Translation (NLT)

Wake up, you drunkards, and weep!
    Wail, all you wine-drinkers!
All the grapes are ruined,
    and all your sweet wine is gone.
A vast army of locusts has invaded my land,
    a terrible army too numerous to count.
Its teeth are like lions’ teeth,
    its fangs like those of a lioness.
It has destroyed my grapevines
    and ruined my fig trees,
stripping their bark and destroying it,
    leaving the branches white and bare.

New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©️ 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 For a drunkard to be out of wine is something that causes them to weep, we should feel such more when we sin against our Lord and this heart against our own sin will cause us to repent.

6-7  These locust was going to ruin Israel and God was going to ruin them because of their sin, we can either let our sin turn us to the Lord and His mercy or be like them and have to face ruin because of our sin.
Back to top Go down

Joel 1:5-7
Page 1 of 1