SERVANTS OF GOD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERVANTS OF GOD

SHARING ON GOD'S PURPOSE TO HUMAN

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
"The LORD our GOD is one LORD" .... FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD, AND HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE John 3:16

Joel 1:13-15

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clark thompson

Joel 1:13-15 Empty
PostSubject: Joel 1:13-15   Joel 1:13-15 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Joel 1:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.
14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry unto the Lord,
15 Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Joel 1:13-15 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Dress yourselves in burlap and weep, you priests!
    Wail, you who serve before the altar!
Come, spend the night in burlap,
    you ministers of my God.
For there is no grain or wine
    to offer at the Temple of your God.
14 Announce a time of fasting;
    call the people together for a solemn meeting.
Bring the leaders
    and all the people of the land
into the Temple of the Lord your God,
    and cry out to him there.
15 The day of the Lord is near,
    the day when destruction comes from the Almighty.
    How terrible that day will be!

New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©️ 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 The priests lived off of what was offered to the Lord by thru the temple and because they had no food they were in distress and this is why they were where a burlap bag because they were in morning.

14 Because there was a lack of food God was telling them and wanting them to start fasting, they needed to fast so that they could be devoted to the Lord again. They counted to much on what they had and not enough on the Lord.

15 God was going to bring judgment soon on Israel, this would mean the exile and later refer to the period between testaments where God didn’t speak to people. We need to seek the Lord because in His time the Lord will judge the other.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Joel 1:13-15
Page 1 of 1